Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lenker Reunion 1986



As soon as YouTube was born I knew I had to get my family videos on there so all my loved-ones could see them. "So, JR, why did it take ya so long then?" 


.... Well, cuz I didn't want to go 'there' cuz I knew what was lurking there. My 'price' for admission. And sure enough, just after popping the old VHS in, Pop-pop's face covers my screen .... I had to yell, 'cut' to get a hold of myself. Then, I had to again, when Connie waved.


Granted, the technical aspects of the project seemed uncertain. (from VHS to Digital HD Video) I had thought of hiring somebody to do it, but the fee for this, and the way I had to leave my precious, priceless VHS with a stranger, even before he decides to do it, shivered me timbers.


And then there was the emotional aspect of the project. This is what I knew was waiting for me. The main reason I haven't looked at them all these years, and the reason it took me so long to get to this project. Having someone else do this would certainly take care of that aspect. But then that seemed to me like a cop-out.

....so grab a box of Kleenex, I needed a towel ! (don't drive while watching)



No other video I've produced was so difficult, not only technically and time consuming, but also emotionally draining.


Loved-ones, I sure hope you enjoy. Please do let me know, or donate, so I can start on the next family video for us to cry over, and to bring us all together.


We need another reunion, soon.


Love ya, JR~

No comments:

Post a Comment