Thursday, January 19, 2012

Amish Buggy Rides with Miriam Meyer


This Video is probably the second most popular of my collection. And, I dare say, one of my favorites if not my favorite. I am so thankful the two Amish children, with their Father, came out of the barn when they did. It made a wonderful beginning. And to have Father and Daughter together in the carriage telling us about Amish life certainly put the icing on the Shoo Fly Pie. Oh, Shoo Fly Pie doesn't have icing ;) - but that's not to say that some may make their pie different and put icing on it. And, it's not to say that some Amish make their life different than other Amish.


Between you and me, Miriam is in College majoring in business. Her Father went to college as well. There was a day when I was riding with Amish Jack, in his truck, when he got a call from Miriam on his cell. He reminded her that she had to work today, and reminded her to, "dress good and Amish."


Well, as John Lennon said, "Whatever gets you through the night, is alright. Do it wrong or do it right, is alright."


1 comment:

  1. Hi JR! I am looking ALL OVER internet LA LA land trying to get a contact email for you. Very important - I'm a director out of NYC and I'd like to chat with you! If you'd rather, please drop me a line from a good email address at elle@ellecasting.com. Thanks, JR! Can't wait to meet you and chat - cheers! Elle Tucker

    ReplyDelete